Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Birthday Honey!

Yesterday was my hubbies Birthday.  I dont have any smart remarks or jokes to tell.  Only that his kids have had a ball with this birthday!  He got teased enough from them so I will take it easy on him. 
Here is the card I made for him.  I was so blessed by Patti when she agreed to stamp this image for me and send it in time for his birthday!
I did not do much special for this card.  Its hard to make cards for guys.  Anyone else have that as a challenge?  My husband let me know when I started making cards that he does not think a guys card should have flowers, girly colors or even too many embellishments.  That makes it a little tough.  So I used my CTMH watercolor pencils and kept it simple.  What I wrote inside really touched his heart and that really make me feel better about the card being simple.

I addressed the envelope in a funny way and left it on the table thinking he would assume it went in the mail.  When he spotted it, he said "Oh I thought it said "MOM" in my life".  Funny how he almost missed that!  I always have a hard time just writing someone's name on the envelop and having it tore open and then thrown away.  So this time, atleast there was something special on the envelope.  Oma is what our grandchildren call me for grandma and his is Opa.
My husband really loves to fish so that is what he is doing right now while I am here updating my blog, visiting with all the nice people I have met on the playground. 
I have some exciting die cuts to share with you next time.  And fun paper, layouts and cards that I want to make next week.  See you next time and INKYFINGERS means you had a fun time creating something from the heart.  Until next time, keep those fingers inked!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! in a manly way giggles!! I love the frames you created! and your coloring is flawless friend!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! Thanks for your contribution!

    ReplyDelete